Monday, February 15, 2010

Excuses

Below are some of the excuses I thought of for last weeks challenge. There are a lot of them that is for sure. Now I just have to figure out how to cut through them and get going.

-NO motivation. I just think to myself “ah, I am good enough” even though I am not.
-Tired, always so tired.
-Depressed…
-I feel like I have tried to do well and be healthy and haven’t gotten what I wanted out of it (to get pregnant) so now I am bitter and figure “what is the point?”
-Want to spend time with my husband. I tell myself that I don’t see him enough and we need to spend time together so I don’t work out and we usually eat something together.
-The dog. This sounds weird but since he is home all day alone I feel guilty leaving him in his crate at night if my husband isn’t home (which normally he isn’t) so I feel like I have to go home instead of going to the gym.
-One cookie/diet coke/anything unhealthy is not going to be such a big deal.
-If I am going to start eating healthy tomorrow, I HAVE to eat everything in unhealthy tonight.
-I already did horribly by eating that one bad thing; I might as well live it up today and start tomorrow.
-Food makes me HAPPY. Caffeine also makes me happy. I know this is a temporary happiness, but I honestly am in a WAY better mood immediately after eating In-n-Out or some other yummy, bad food.
-I have always been the short, stocky one. That isn’t going to change. I am not “skinny” and never will be.
-The more weight I gain, the more excuses I find. I feel so bad about myself that I don’t even want to go out in public, even to the gym.
-Public or family gatherings, I feel like I have to eat the food provided to not be rude.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know about where you live or what kind of dog you have, but is there a chance you could take puppy for a walk instead of the gym? That way you get some exercise, doggy gets some attention it would probably love, and you don't have to feel guilty about crating him.

    As far as food making you happy, have you ever kept a food journal? I don't mean counting calories, but rather just exactly what you eat (be honest, it's just for you) and then how you feel each hour. For example how you feel an hour or two after eating those unhealthy foods? I find what happens with me is, yeah, while eating, and even for about half an hour after eating unhealthy foods (sweets are my weakness), I feel quite good and, as you say, happy... but I often find myself craving more of the same a few hours later and then I start to feel sluggish and crappy. It's basically an insulin spike and it can really mess with your metabolism. You probably know about the science of it, but keeping a food/feeling journal might be a neat thing for you. Just remember food takes about eight hours to pass the stomach and about 24 to 72 hours to come all the way out "the other end." That "In-And-Out Burger feel good feeling" that you feel right after eating? Has very little to do with the chemicals in the food itself and more with the psychology your body has built around the smells, sights, and taste... and process of eating out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now make your list of motivations. Losing weight means changing the way you think. Congratulations on acknowledging they why not's - now concentrate on the the why you should.

    ReplyDelete