Tuesday, January 12, 2010

hmmm....

Not really sure what is going on with me right now. I know that I go through my ups and downs often, but this past couple days I have been feeling really down. I don't think it has anything to do with my eating or exercising, although it is really making it hard to be motivated. I think it is just changes. My husband started back at school last week so he is never home. He goes to school during the day and works in the evenings and on weekends so maybe its just that I am lonely. We don't have any kids yet, so I don't have them to distract me from being all alone, just my dog:). I even got to go out for a "girls night" on both Friday and Saturday nights. I had fun, but I don't really have anything that I need a "break" from, like the other girls do. They are all stay at home moms and need a break once in a while. I get a break every night when I get home from work and hang out by myself. Haha! You would think that would give me more time to work out, and it does, but sometimes it is just depressing to spend all my time by myself.
Anyway, I do not want to get down and stay down, sometimes I just need to get it out. I have looked at everyone's blogs and will comment at some point, but most the time I just skim through them when I am at work and its hard to take the time to comment. It seems like everyone is doing great. Most of the time I am a very competitive person but it hasn't hit me yet for this competition and I am not sure why. Anyway, I really am going to try and get out of this funk I am in and join the real world and this competition with full force.

3 comments:

  1. Ok so I first want to say that you are not alone. I have also been very down this week. January is always hard as I am looking back. Its a new year with tons of changes and also I realize all the things that didnt change in the past year. And if being alone really does effect you than why not join a workout class and have that be a way to meet people? Where do you live? I am in Lehi, ut and would totally be into meeting at the rec center to walk/jog and visit. They also do day passes and you can use the full facility for couple bucks. Exercise does help your mood and so maybe combining friendship and exercise will be key for you? Hope this helps and best wishes on a better week~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, I just looked at your blog and looking at your home and what you said about it (the pond and park) I am pretty sure you live right around the corner from me. I have a membership at Golds and sometimes go, but never to classes, which I should. You shoud send me an email: carmendown35@gmail.com and let me know how to contact you other than on here:) Thanks for your encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get the being alone comment, I've been in the same boat, and sort of still am. I hope you find some good buddies to work out with! Keep plugging along, even when you feel down, know that we are all here rooting for you (I need the competition to be strong so that I have to be stronger!)

    ReplyDelete