Monday, January 18, 2010

Knowledge vs. Wisdom

So, in my mind there is a difference between knowledge and wisdom. To me, knowledge is information that you have gained and retained but don't necessarily use. Wisdom is knowledge that you use. When it comes to health, nutrition, working out, how to have a great body...I have the knowledge. I have a little brother and his wife that are personal trainers along with him being a Physical Therapist and her studying to be a Physician's Assistant. They have AMAZING bodies. Over the past 3 years they have given me all the knowledge I need to succeed at having the body that I want. The problem is, I have been unwise. I have not used that knowledge. I want to change that, so why don't I? It is so weird to me. I am a successful, hard working person. I usually am the type of person that does what I say I am going to do, but that has not been the case with my body and I don't know why. So, I am going to try to use my knowledge and become WISE!!!

4 comments:

  1. You say it sista!! I know exactly what I need to do to lose weight and ignore my own knowledge. It amazing the hold food has on us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how that works! I think part of the problem is that we have a hard time doing for OURSELVES!! It's so easy to give to others... but when it comes to making time/effort for us... it's easy to put it on the back burner. Put yourself at the top of the list because after all.. if you are healthy and happy you are around longer and in a better state of mind to be your best for others! Wisdom is just around the corner. Can't wait to be able to call you "The Wise One!" ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could have written this post! Here's to becoming wise once and for all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why is it that way. Guess that is why we are the way we are in this world. Here we go though. We are acknowledging the first step. Now lets make a change and what I was thinking for this week was to make one day a committed routine day of something that puts me closer to being a healthy and more a happy person. Way to go, keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete