Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Starting something I have done before....

I am starting a "diet" that I have done before. The thing is, this diet isn't about weight loss, it has a specific purpose and that is to help with my endometriosis and hopefully to help me get pregnant. The diet is specifically tailored for endometriosis and not for fertility, but if its the endo that is causing my infertility I am thinking that the diet could help both. Anyway, almost three years ago I started eating according to this diet and really felt a lot better. But, six months into it I went on a cruise and have never been able to get back into these eating habits. When I write the things I am not allowed to eat/drink you should understand why.

No Wheat
No Dairy
No Sugar
No Red Meat
No Soy
No Caffeine

If you know me, you know I live off of diet soda and chocolate (not really, but I feel like that). So, getting off sugar and caffeine is probably the hardest part of this for me. Oh, and this also includes no eggs. So, it is difficult. But, this is not about weight loss. This is about repairing a part of my body that is damaged, or at least helping it to heal some. I hope to feel better from this and hopefully, someday......I will get pregnant. Either way, I will be healthier and that's a reward in itself.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with this new eating plan. It will be difficult but it can be done and you have tons of motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can definitely live with out all of those things! The No Wheat part will probably be the hardest however with allergies now days there is TONS of gluten free stuff available (even cake!,,, not that you’ll be eating that) I have recently found some amazing rice and nut crackers by diamond. The rice and pecan crackers are amazing and gluten free! So good luck with that and I hope you get pregnant too!

    ReplyDelete